In Fortnite, you can change your name for many reasons. You can do this to make yourself more memorable or to hide from the enemy.
Here we will explain how and why to change your Fortnite name, and why it is beneficial to do so.
In Fortnite, you can easily change your name by going to your profile settings and clicking on “Change my name”.
How To Change Your Name In Fortnite?
- Click on “Change my Name”
- Enter a new name
- Save changes
- Wait until your name has been updated
- If you want to remove your old name, just repeat steps 1-5.
How To Change Your Name in Fortnite for PC
If you have a computer with Windows 10 installed, you can easily change your name by using the built-in Microsoft account system.
- To access your Microsoft account, open up the Start menu and type “Microsoft Account”. By entering your email address and password, you will be taken to the sign-in screen.
- The new name can now be saved.
- Repeat these steps if you want to remove an existing name.
How To Change My Name In Fortnite On Android
The Google Play Services can be used to change the name of an Android user.
- On the top right corner of the Google app, click on the three dots.
- Choose “Accounts & Privacy” from the “Sign out” menu.
- Click “Your personal info” at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your desired name under “Name” by scrolling down.
- Save changes and wait for the name to be changed.
How To Change The Name Of A Player In Fortnite Battle Royale
There are two ways to change the name of a player:
- By going to the game lobby and selecting the player you wish to rename.
- By accessing the player’s profile page.
The first method requires you to be in the same match as the person you want to rename.
The second method does not require you to be in the match but you must know the player’s ID number.
How To Change Name In Fortnite Solo Mode
- Solo mode allows players to play without any other players around them.
- When playing solo, you cannot change your name.
- Nevertheless, you can still improve your gameplay in a few ways.
- It is possible to change weapon loadouts and skins, for instance.
How To Change Profile Picture In Fortnite
Profile pictures allow you to customize your appearance in the game.
This includes adding a background image, changing your skin color, and choosing a hairstyle.
To change your profile picture, follow these steps:
- Open your profile page.
- Select the gear icon (the one with the arrow pointing upwards).
- Choose “Edit Profile Picture”.
- Browse through the available options and pick the one you like best.
- Once done, press “Save Changes”.
Why Should I Change My Name In Fortnite?
Changing your name in Fortnight helps you become more memorable to other players. There are several reasons why you might want to consider changing your name.
Another reason is that you might have made an embarrassing mistake. For example, if you accidentally used someone else’s username when creating your account, you can easily change your name to something less embarrassing.
Also, changing your name makes it easier for people to find you. When you move to a new name, you can use your real name instead of your username, which makes it easier for people to find you.
How Do I Change My Name In Epic Games?
To change your name in Epic Games, follow these simple instructions:
- Go to your Profile Settings
- Click on “Edit Profile“
- Select “Change my name…”
- Enter your new name
- Click save
- Wait until your name is changed
- If you want to revert back to your original name, just repeat steps one through six
Here are some tips that will help you when changing your name:
- Make sure you have enough time before you play a match. If you don’t have enough time, you won’t be able to change your name.
- Don’t use spaces in your newname.
- Use only letters and numbers.
- Keep your new name short.
- Don’t use names that are already taken by other players.
- Don’t use names with offensive words.
- Don’t use names of celebrities or people who died.
- Don’t use names which are too long.
- Don’t use names like “The_King” or “God”.
- Don’t use names such as “Sniper”, “Ninja”, etc.
- Don’t use names containing swear words.
- Don’t use names related to religion.
- Don’t use names of countries.
- Don’t use names based on animals.
- Don’t use names similar to others.
- Don’t use names in the form of nicknames.
- Don’t use names starting with numbers.
- Don’t use names referring to objects.
- Don’t use names relating to food.
FAQs – Changing Name In Fortnite
Q: If I want to remove my old name, how do I do it?
A: You can delete your old name by going to the profile settings and selecting “Remove my old name”.
Q: If I enter the wrong name, what happens?
A: Progress won’t be lost. Your old name will remain unavailable, however.
Q: Is it possible to change my name once I have started laying?
A: It’s fine to change your name, but you must wait 24 hours before you can use it.
Q: What is the reason for the delay in changing my name?
A: As we need to verify your identity in order to prevent you from impersonating another player, it takes some time.
Q: Can I change my name more than once?
A: There is no limit to how much you can do.
Q: Is it possible to reclaim my old name?
A: It will be available again in 24 hours, but you must wait at least that long.
Q: How do I recover my password if I forget it?
A: Resetting your password is easy here.
Q: Do I have the option of changing my gender?
A: There is no such feature available at this time.
Q: If I want to change the color of my skin, how do I do it?
A: It is impossible to change the color of your skin.
Changing your name in Fortnite is easy. All you need to do is follow these simple instructions. Changing your name doesn’t affect your progress.
If you have any questions about changing your name, feel free to ask them below.