How To Create A Distribution List In Outlook – Grouping email messages in Outlook is the easiest way to send a message to multiple people at the same time. It was formerly called a distribution list and is perfect for communicating in project committees or groups of friends.
That way, the contact we choose to add to the group will automatically be added to all the people in the “To”, “Cc”, or “Bcc” fields on the email.
This tutorial shall help you set up an email group in the Outlook application using the latest version of Microsoft Office, but you can also use this method on previous versions of the Microsoft program.
Step 1: In Outlook, go to the Home tab and click on the “New Contact Group” button.
Step 2: Once the group is created select the members of the group from the “Add Members” menu.
Step 3: Once the members are selected, they can be imported from Outlook Contacts, and the address book or an individual email can be inserted.
Step 4: Click on “Members” to add the selected contacts to the group. Then, press OK to save.
Step 5: Click “Save and Close” in the upper left corner of the window to create the new contact group.
Outlook: How to Send an Email to a Group
- Step 1: Click “To” in the new e-mail compose window.
- Step 2: Select the name of your group and click the field into which it should go (to, cc, or Cc). Then, press the “OK” button to include the email address of everyone in your group.
How to Edit the Contact Group in Outlook Online
It is possible to edit a contact group without ever leaving Outlook Online thanks to Microsoft’s innovative tools. The steps below may differ for your organization depending on how Microsoft 365 has been configured, but should still lead you to your destination.
- To edit a group, you must select it on the left pane under Groups.
- Choose the More (three dots/ellipsis) icon next to that group’s entry.
- If your Outlook is configured this way, you might see a Members button under More.
- Choose Edit group in the Group Settings panel on the right.
- Select the Members tab.
- If you need to delete someone from the group, just click the X next to their entry.
- Add new members if you haven’t already, or choose Close if you don’t.
Mailing lists, or distribution lists, can be used to save time on email by grouping the recipients by category: Work Colleagues, Family, Friends, etc…
- [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] Error
- Fix [pii_email_e6af9796c02919183edc] Error
- How To Check Hotmail Junk Mail On Android