Have you ever encountered a situation where messages in your messenger app aren’t presented in your desired language? How can you change the app’s language so that users have a better experience?
Language plays an important role in communication as it helps bridge understanding gaps between different groups of people speaking different languages. Keeping this in mind, messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and Line allow users to communicate with each other regardless of language barriers. They also cater to the preferences of their users by offering them the option to change the language.
While it’s easy to change language in mobile devices, there are some nuances involved when switching languages on desktop. To handle such situations, this article will explain how to change language settings in popular messengers, such as WhatsApp Messenger, Facebook Messenger and Line on Android devices, iPhone devices and desktops. Additionally, it will also cover topics related to reverting back changes if desired.
- WhatsApp Messenger: You can select your desired language by tapping the “App Language” option in the Settings menu. Select the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the app and tap on them.
- Facebook Messenger: From the app’s top right corner, tap the three horizontal lines. Select “Settings” from the menu, followed by “Language”. Tap on “App Language” to choose the language you’d like to use.
- Line: You can change the app language by tapping on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of your screen, selecting “Settings” from the menu, and then selecting “Language”. Select the language you want.
- WhatsApp Messenger: The app should be open and you should tap the three vertical lines in the lower right corner of the screen. Tap on “Settings” from the menu, and then select “Chat”. Tap “App Language” from the list and choose your desired language.
- Facebook Messenger: Then select “Settings” from the menu and then “Language”. Next, select “App Language” from the available languages list and select the language you wish.
- Line: The app will open and you will need to tap the three horizontal lines to open the settings menu. From the settings menu, select “Language”, then select “App Language”. Select your preferred language.
- WhatsApp Messenger: From the app’s menu, select “Settings” and then “Chats”. Select your preferred language from the “App Language” list and select it from the drop-down.
- Facebook Messenger: Select “Settings” from the menu and then select “Language”. After selecting the language you wish to use, click on “App Language” and select it.
- Line: From the app’s home screen, click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner. Select “Settings” from the menu and then select “Language” from the drop-down menu. Click on “App Language” and choose the language that you want.
FAQs on Changing Language In Messenger App
Reverting Back Changes:
If you wish to revert back to the original language settings, simply follow the same steps as mentioned above and select the default language from the list of available languages.
After you select the language you want, the app will automatically change to it. If the changes don’t take effect immediately, you may need to restart the app. Furthermore, some apps require you to log out and re-log in.
Depending on the app, some languages may not be supported. For some apps, you may need to download additional language packs in order to be able to use them. If your desired language is not supported, you may have to find an alternative app.
As a final note, if you have more than one user on the same device, each user can set their own language. This allows each user to maintain their own language preferences without affecting everyone else.
You may need to download additional language packs for some apps if they do not support all languages.