How To Disable Antivirus in Windows 10 Temporarily?
An antivirus is a software (commonly abbreviated to AV), some people call it anti-malware software. It is a PC software whose purpose is to block, identify, and eliminate malicious software. Initially, it was launched to identify and remove viruses of the computer.
In this blog, we will see how to disable antivirus in windows 10 temporarily. There are commonly used antiviruses such as Avast, McAfee, Avira, Webroot, ESET. We will see the method for each antivirus one by one.
How To Temporarily Disable Avast Antivirus 2021?
Avast is one of the widely used antiviruses nowadays. Whenever a new malware gets detected, Avast can immediately extend new security features to guard its users.
- Step 1: For temporarily disabling Avast, go to the arrow symbol in the Windows taskbar to open the notification area menu.
- Step 2: Get the Avast Antivirus and right-click on it.
- Step 3:A contextual menu will appear- if the popup does not happen, click right on the icon many times until the pop up shows up.
- Step 4: After that, choose “Avast shields control” and decide how long you want to temporarily disable it (for 15 minutes, 2 hours, or until the next restart) or forever.
After that, the confirmation window pops up; just click on YES, now the antivirus got disable as per the time you have mentioned.
How To Temporarily Disable ESET Antivirus?
For temporarily disabling ESET antivirus, you just need to click on the arrow icon in the window taskbar for expanding its notification bar menu.
- Step 1:Locate the ESET antivirus sign or icon and then click right on it. After clicking it, a contextual menu will appear on the screen.
- Step 2:Now you have to click on the Pause Protection option, and now it will ask you if you need to disable the ESET antivirus and antispyware protection.
By clicking on yes, you will deactivate the whole system’s security, be it web access, document, or real-time protection. And then, select the time for which you want to disable it and just click on apply.
How To Temporarily Disable McAfee Antivirus?
For temporarily disabling the McAfee antivirus, you have to click on the arrow sign in the window taskbar to open the notification menu bar.
- Step 1:Locate the McAfee antivirus sign and then click right on it.
- Step 2:After clicking, a contextual window will pop up.
- Step 3:Now, you have to choose the option of change settings, and then tap on Real-time scanning. You can click on the turn off option and pick the time you want to disable it, and your McAfee antivirus got disabled.
In case you also wish to disable the firewall, you can follow the same process, but this time, you have to select a firewall in the window taskbar.
How To Temporarily Disable Avira Antivirus?
For temporarily disabling Avira antivirus, you have to tap on the arrow sign in the window taskbar to extend the notification bar menu.
- Step 1: After that, locate the Avira Antivirus and click right on it.
- Step 2: Now, A contextual menu will appear on the screen.
- Step 3: Avira’s real-time security can be enabled by default; therefore, a checkmark will be visible next to enable real-time protection if it is enabled.
For disabling Avira, you need to click on the allow real-time protection option, and it will get disabled.
How To Temporarily Disable Webroot Antivirus
You need to click on the arrow symbol in the Windows taskbar for temporarily disabling to open the notification bar menu.
After that, find the Webroot Antivirus icon and click right on it, and a contextual menu will pop up. Then choose the “Shut down Protection” option and click on it.
The popup window will ask if you wish to shut down secure anywhere or to stop all real-time protection and proactive malware security.
Later, tap yes option to confirm the action.
Also, May Interest You:
- How To Make A Fillable PDF Form Without Acrobat
- How to Delete Win Log Files Windows 10
- How To Play Fortnite On Chromebook 2021
In this blog, we have seen how to disable the antivirus in windows 10 temporarily. You can read it for various antiviruses as it will guide you properly. I hope you find this article useful.