You are reading this post probably because you searched how to fix Minecraft not responding. Well, you are not alone! There are many users complaining about the same issue and here are the best solutions that might work for you.
Developed by Mojang Studios, Minecraft has been quite a popular game since 2011. Just like any other game, this one comes with certain configurations supported by some specific OS, hardware, and software. If your device is not updated as per the game’s specifications, there might be a problem in loading or launching the game.
So, before moving to how to fix Minecraft not loading, let’s first know which could be the possible reasons causing this issue.
Table of Contents
How to fix Minecraft Launcher Not Responding
What are the causes of Minecraft not responding?
- Not using the newest and best hardware can cause this issue.
- Discord overlay can cause Minecraft not to respond properly or not opening.
- Incompatible software such as Norton anti-virus can cause-related issues.
- Outdated or corrupt device drivers can cause this issue.
- Restricted access can hinder Minecraft’s access to all resources.
- Mods can be the reasons for Minecraft not responding or loading.
- An outdated version of Minecraft can cause this issue.
- Not using the latest version of Java can cause issues with Minecraft.
Requirements You Need to Ensure
OS: For Windows, the minimum requirement is Windows 7 or later and our recommendation is Windows 10. For macOS, the minimum requirement is OS X 10.9 Maverick and our recommendation is OS X 10.12 Sierra. If you are using Linux, any version from 2014 or so on would go.
CPU: Intel Core i3-3210 / AMD A8-7600 APU or equivalent unit is the minimum requirement. The best one would be Intel Core i5-4690 / AMD A10-7800 or equivalent.
RAM: The minimum requirement for RAM is 4 GB, where 2GB has to be free. The best would be 8 GB (4GB free).
GPU: For those who are using integrated GPU, Minecraft requires at least Intel HD Graphics 4000 or AMD Radeon R5 series with OpenGL 4.4. Those who are running Minecraft on discrete GPU, Nvidia GeForce 400 Series, or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4 is the minimum requirement. The most updated and best one is GeForce 700 Series or AMD Radeon Rx 200 Series with OpenGL 4.5.
Storage: One needs at least 1GB free for game core, maps, and related files. We recommend 4 GB (SSD).
Software: Minecraft Release 1.6 or newer is the minimum requirement and we recommend the latest one.
JAVA: The latest version of JAVA should be downloaded for Minecraft to run smoothly. Also, you need to always choose and download JAVA according to your operating system.
How To Fix Minecraft Team Extreme Launcher Not Opening
Based on the reasons we mentioned above, here are some fixes that you can try. Before trying them all, you can find out the probable reason for your device. However, if you are still clueless, simply work your way down the list until it’s solved.
Step 1: Disable Discord Overlay
As we’ve discussed, discord overlay can cause this problem, and to fix it, you need to either disable it or close it completely. To ensure you close Minecraft and other apps before you start with it, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc and close these programs from the Task Manager.
- The first step is to open the ‘Discord’ and then click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- You will see the ‘Overlay’ tab, where you need to turn off ‘Enable in-game overlay’.
- Now, launch Minecraft again.
Step 2: Remove Incompatible Software
Many applications are incompatible with Minecraft, which you need to disable. For instance, Norton antivirus is software that might hinder your access to Minecraft. These anti-viruses sometimes get too provocative for the sake of your security. However, simply discard all these apps to continue your access to Minecraft.
Here, the best method will be visiting Minecraft’s official website and check the ‘Known Incompatible Software’ section to see and note down which apps can be disturbing.
Step 3: Update your Device Drivers
There can be outdated or corrupt device drivers in your device including your graphics card driver. The role of your graphics card driver is very important as it helps your device to display the game correctly. Similarly, an old sound card driver or network adapter driver can cause the same problem. So, the solution is to update the graphics driver along with other related drivers.
You can choose to update the driver manually from the Device Manager. Or else, you can download the latest driver from its authentic website.
Here, you need to remember that this process will be time-consuming. Hence, automatically updating all of your drivers will be the smartest task. We are sharing both the procedures.
Option 1: Manually Update
You need to ensure you’re using the latest Windows version. Remember that Windows Update doesn’t find the updated version of the graphics driver. Hence, you need to find it on your own from the official website and then install it manually.
Option 2: Automatically Update
You can take the help of Driver Easy software for this task. It recognizes your system automatically and finds the correct driver for you. Since it’s an automatic update, there are fewer chances of mistakes during install.
Driver Easy offers full support with a 30-day money-back guarantee to first-time users.
- To start with it, you need to download and install Driver Easy from its authentic website.
- Once it’s downloaded, run it and click the ‘Scan Now’ button.
- When the scan is done, click on the ‘Update’ button next to the graphics driver.
- After the successful download, you can install it manually.
- You can also click on the ‘Update All’ button, which is placed at the bottom right. This step will update all the drivers automatically without any manual support.
- After the update, always restart your device before launching Minecraft.
Step 4: Run Minecraft as Administrator
Because of restricted access, Minecraft may not be able to utilize all the resources. Hence, you can run Minecraft as an administrator and see if it works.
- The first step is to open the main folder where Minecraft is installed. Then, find the game executable file from the folder.
- Now, simply right-click on the executable file to find and select ‘Properties.
- Next, you need to find and click on the ‘Compatibility’ section from the window as it opens up. There, you can see a box where you can set your access to run as an administrator. Click ‘Apply’ and ‘Ok’.
- Now, run Minecraft and see if it works.
Step 5: Disable Mods
Mods help to ensure a better experience with Minecraft. Sometimes, mods can hinder your access and all you need to do is disable them to fix the issue.
Game launchers such as Twitch and Forge can help you disable mods easily. You can try another method of adding ‘.disabled’ to the end of the mods’ filename.
The third method is also easy by moving the mods folder from the Minecraft directory to any other directory. Whenever you need them back, simply removing the ‘.disabled’ suffix or moving them back will do. After this entire process, restart your device and relaunch Minecraft.
Step 6: Reinstall your Minecraft
- This is the last method you can try when nothing above is working. Here are some simple steps.
- Press the ‘Windows’ logo key and ‘R’ key on your keyboard at the same time to open the Run box.
- On the Run box, all you need to do is type ‘appwiz.cpl’. Then, press the ‘Enter’ button.
- Next, right-click on the ‘Minecraft’ logo, and then from the menu, select ‘Uninstall’.
- After this, press the ‘Windows logo key and ‘R’ key. The Run box opens. Now, you need to type ‘%appdata%’ and then press the ‘Enter’ button.
- Now, right-click the ‘.minecraft’ folder and click ‘Delete’ to complete the process of successful uninstall.
- Restart your device, from the official website download, and install Minecraft afresh.
Also, May Interest You
- How To Zoom In On Minecraft with Keyword
- How to Change Tick Speed In Minecraft Java Command
- How To Make Minecraft Run Faster 2023
- How To Get Course Hero For Free
All the above methods have been helpful in solving a legitimate how-to fix Minecraft not launching issues for many users. You can try these methods on your own by following the steps we’ve elaborated on. In most cases, your issue is supposed to get fixed.
However, if nothing works, you probably are using incompatible hardware or maybe you need a Windows update or Java update.
We will try to update the post once we come up with more information.