How To Remove Yahoo Search From Chrome – Sometimes we encounter the issue with our browser where we get yahoo search instead of our preferred ones. It becomes irritating too when even after trying to get rid of the browser’s yahoo search, it again starts displaying.
In this blog, we will discuss the few ways to remove the yahoo search from my browser. You will find discussion or information on the below headings.
- Reset the Browser
- Uninstall Recently Installed Yahoo Programs
- Switch to a super-secure UR Browser
- Run a Malware Scan
Table of Contents
How To Get Rid Of Yahoo Search Engine On Google Chrome
Reset the Browser
According to some users, that turning off extensions fixes this browser’s issue that redirects users to the Yahoo search.
You can manually turn off their installed extensions. If you go for browser resetting, it will lead to disable or uninstall of all other extensions and retrieve all the original settings.
Let’s check the required steps for resetting google chrome are as follows.
- Step 1: Tap on the Customize and Control Google Chrome option, which is at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Click on the Settings for opening the Chrome Settings tab.
- Step 3: Scroll down the Settings tab and then go to the Advanced button.
- Step 4: Again, scroll down for Restoring settings to their original defaults option displayed right below. Then tap on the option.
- Step 5: Then click on the Reset settings option to proceed.
Uninstall Recently Installed Yahoo Programs
Sometimes users also spot a hijacker present in the browser listed in the window’s uninstaller. The searches provided by yahoo are one such hijacker that redirects searches to Yahoo.
Follow the below steps to get rid of the hijacker.
- Step 1: Press the Win + X menu by clicking right on the Start button.
- Step 2: Scroll down and choose Run to start that accessory.
- Step 3: Put appwiz.cpl in Run and press OK to start the uninstaller window.
- Step 4: Embed the Search Given by Yahoo in the search box.
- Step 5: Choose Search Provided by Yahoo and click on the Uninstall/Change button.
- Step 6: Click on Yes to give more confirmation.
- Step 7: If the uninstaller window doesn’t cover Search Provided by Yahoo, scan through the details to verify anything that seems a little dodgy. If so, uninstall or remove the dodgy software as it might be a browser hijacker.
Switch to a Super-Secure UR Browser
Million of the users are consistently under threat of Browser hijackers around the world. There are some of the browsers that are more inclined to hijackers, and some are minor or less affected by them.
One of those browsers is UR Browser, and it’s a secure way of browsing.
It allows a lot of search engines, but only when you want to use them. It protects you from malicious and hijacking software threats that can assign you a search engine you don’t want to use.
But now the question arises how it prevents malicious software?
The UR browser has plenty of security features. It Starts with automated redirection to the protected HTTPS websites.
Even it has a built-in antivirus that blocks malicious applications from downloading. It adds several privacy features to a secure browser, and you are in for an uncluttered and safe browsing experience. If you feel that the UR browser did not fit in as per your need, check our next solution below.
Run a Malware Scan
Users can also prevent browser hijacking with the freeware Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner scanners.
For getting access to it, you need to click on the Free Download option on the Malwarebytes page to append that software to Windows.
You can also click on the green Free Download button on the AdwCleaner page, and save the setup wizard for that utility. After fixing and opening those utilities, please tap on the Scan options on their Dashboard tabs to start their scans.
Also, May Interest You:
- Delete Unwanted Accounts
- How To View Deleted Messages On Discord
- How To Turn Off Antivirus Windows 10 Temporarily
- How To Stop Avast Secure Browser On Startup
In this blog, we have seen how you can get rid of the yahoo search. I hope these ways help you to prevent your browser from hijacking.