How To Mass Delete Messages On Discord – Many users are eager to know how to clear a chat in Discord and here goes the best solution. We have come up with this post to help you successfully delete conversations on Discord, a very popular chatting app among the youngsters.
No doubt Discord is an amazing app for communicating with friends across the globe. It helps you to create a tight-knit community and keep interaction easy.
However, when you are unable to remove inflammatory or some inappropriate messages, it can be troublesome.
In this guide, we will show you how to clear Discord chat history or clear a single chat on the platform. Following the steps mentioned below, you will be able to easily manage your Discord server’s message backlog. So, let’s start by explaining to you the types of text messaging in Discord.
Types of Text Messaging In Discord
Discord is basically a gaming-focused app with a versatile chat feature. While the text chats are incredibly popular on this platform, the voice chat feature upgrades the overall interface. When it comes to text messages, there are two distinct types: Direct Messages and Channel Messages.
- Direct Messages: The Direct Messages in Discord are basically private conversations between two users.
- Channel Messages: These are the messages that are usually shared within the entire group on a particular channel.
Mentioning these two types of text messages in Discord is crucial since each type of message has different rules. During the initial phase of the app launch, the administrators could delete messages in bulk using Native UI and it created a lot of havoc. Since then, the feature has been wiped out from the app. No need to worry as it is still possible to delete all Discord server’s messages and here is how.
How to Delete Conversations On Discord: Direct Messages
Unfortunately, Discord doesn’t allow the users to delete a Direct Message but there is another way to disappear messages from your history by deleting or removing your copy of a message. Doing this, the message still remains on the Discord servers and in the receiver’s chat panel.
- Below are the steps to remove your copy of the messages on Discord.
- At first, you need to launch the app and find the receiver’s profile in Discord.
- Then, right-click on the user and choose the ‘Message’ button.
- It will take you to the Direct Message panel, where you need to hover over the conversation (placed at the left side of the screen) and then tap the X that appears.
- Now onwards, the conversation completely disappears from your end.
How to Clear a Text Channel In Discord?
You can delete Channel Messages on Discord by following multiple (at least three) steps/methods, which we will explain one by one. Follow the method you find easier.
Step 1: Manual Deletion
This option is suitable when you want to delete a single or a few messages. Hence, it is not suitable for discarding large quantities of messages.
- First, launch the app and open the text channel where you want to delete messages.
- Then, scroll down to find the three-dot icon on the far right of the message.
- Once you find the icon, tap on it and choose ‘Delete’ from the menu.
- You will receive a window prompting you to confirm your decision, where you need to again tap ‘Delete’.
Step 2: Using a Discord Bot
- You can use a bot, which is specially designed for message deletion to clear chat on Discord. While there are several bots, the MEE6 bot is a popular one trusted by most users.
- At first, you need to get started by logging in to your Discord Server.
- Then, you need to navigate to the MEE6 website.
- Once you land on the website, choose ‘Add to Discord’ and tap on the ‘Authorize’ button.
- Now, you need to choose the appropriate server and then you’ll see MEE6 asking you to allow permissions. Here, you need to select the ‘Authorize’ button the second time.
- Finally, you need to allow the Moderation plugin from the MEE6 control panel. It will install MEE6 successfully, allowing you to utilize commands to delete messages.
- There are multiple commands to help you delete messages from MEE6. For instance, the ‘!clear @username’ command helps you to delete the recent 100 messages from a particular user, the ‘!clear 1000’ command helps you to delete the last 1000 messages, and so on.
Step 3: Cloning the Channel
Sometimes the MEE6 alternative might not work and this is the step to help you delete messages. When you clone the channel, you can create a fresh copy of the channel without copying over the channel’s old message history.
- At first, you need to enlist all the bots of a channel since cloning won’t copy them across.
- Then, you need to right-click on the channel and choose the ‘Clone Channel’.
- Once you have cloned the channel, rename it and tap on ‘Create Channel’.
- Now, you can easily delete the old channel, open the new cloned channel, and add all the bots you need.
- This step also requires the other users’ permissions but ultimately it saves you from creating a new channel from scratch.
Discord Messaging FAQs:
Can you delete conversations on Discord?
Yes, you can delete conversations on Discord by following the above steps.
How to delete all messages on Discord?
If you want to know how to mass delete messages on Discord, follow the above steps.
Here is all about how to delete all messages. If you are still having trouble related to Discord messaging, seek the Discord support team for further assistance. We will try to keep the post updated in the future when we discover some new methods of deleting Discord messages.
People Also Ask?
- How To Enable Discord In-Game Overlay
- How To Find IMEI Number Without Phone 2021
- How To Get Rid Of Bytefence
- How to Fix Hulu Error Code p-dev320
- How to Add Ringtones to iPhone from Computer