When Epic Games decided to release Fortnite for mobile, many couldn’t be blamed for thinking that Chromebook would be included as one of the platforms it could run on.
The game could run on Android after all, and Chrome OS is also from Google.
Unfortunately, it wasn’t, and currently, Epic Games has yet to announce official support for Chrome OS.
As always, there are workarounds for this situation, and you’re about to find out how to play Fortnite on a Chromebook.
Why can you officially play on Android but not on Chrome OS? One of the first things you should know is that Android and Chrome OS are not built the same way.
Android is designed to handle a variety of applications running on a variety of devices. And Chrome OS is designed for netbooks and tablets and only for the purpose of connecting to Chrome.
It is essentially an Internet browser with integrated hardware drivers and controllers. Chromebook doesn’t allow you to install apps on it, of course, if Epic Games were to make a version of the game for Chrome servers, that wouldn’t be a problem, but it doesn’t.
I’m playing on my Chromebook?
There are several methods that will work, even if the game will not work as well as the platforms on which it was designed.
One method is to load the app sideways, and another is to use an app like Crossover. You can also play the game via a remote desktop. Side-loading the app – side-loading means that you’ll download an app with an Android device, load it to your Chromebook, and install it.
It is not guaranteed to work, as some Chromebooks will not be able to run Fortnite at all. If you still want to try it out,
How to Run Fortnite on a Chromebook 2022
Here Are The Steps:
- Turn on Developer Mode on your Chromebook.
- To do this, turn off your Chromebook, hold down ESC + Refresh, and then press the Power Button.
- An alert will indicate that Chrome OS is missing or damaged.
- Don’t panic, it’s normal. Press Ctrl + D and when prompted, press Enter.
- Follow the instructions on the screen Activate Android Apps on your Chromebook.
- You can do this by clicking on your image in the lower right corner of your screen, choosing Settings from the context menu, and then searching for Enable Android Apps.
- Make sure it’s checked, then tap Start, open Settings again, and then go to Google Play Store.
- Choose Manage Android Preferences, click Security, and then check for Unknown Sources.
- Make sure it is enabled by clicking on the checkmark.
- Download Fortnite.apk on your Android device.
- To do this, go to http://fortnite.com/android.
- Use a USB cable to connect your mobile device to your Chromebook.
- Transfer the apk file. On your Chromebook, locate the file you just transferred and then run it.
- A window will appear asking you which program you want to run the file choose Package Installer, click Install, and then click Open.
- If your Chromebook is able to run Fortnite, a big yellow install button will appear, along with a Fortnite start page.
- If the button is grayed out with a Device Not Supported message, you cannot run Fortnite using this method.
- Using Crossover on Chrome OS Beta – Crossover is an application that lets you run any Windows program on an Intel-based Chromebook.
Note: However, that unless your Chromebook is Intel-based or running Android 5.0 or higher, this won’t work for you.
If you want to try this method, you can follow these steps:
- Open Google Play on your Chromebook and search for Crossover on Chrome, or follow this Install the app.
- Go to the Fortnite website.
- Click on Download in the upper right corner of the screen. Click on PC / Mac. Choose Windows. Wait until the program finishes downloading.
- Open the Crossover application.
- On the box that says Search for applications, type anything until you can’t find what you’re looking for a popup.
- Click Install Unlisted App, click Select Installer, navigate to the folder you downloaded Fortnite too, and then run the app, similar to sideloading, if your Chromebook doesn’t.
Is not powerful enough to run the game, a warning window will appear. .3. Running from a remote office – if none of the other methods work, this may be your only choice.
How To Play Fortnite On Desktop Computer
It’s basically running the game on a desktop computer that can handle it, and then playing the game remotely via your Chromebook.
Why you would do this when you already have a computer that can run Fortnite is a whole different matter, but if you want to give it a try, here’s how: Install Chrome Remote Desktop on both your computer and your Chromebook.
- Open the app. and use your Chromebook to sign in to your computer. If you’ve included a PIN code, you’ll be prompted to enter it.
- Launch Fortnite on the Epic Game Store.
- Use your Chromebook to run the game through the Remote Desktop app.
- Resorting to WorkaroundsUntil Epic Games decides to support the Chrome OS platform, Fortnite players are going to have to use workarounds to run it on their Chromebook.
It’s not the most optimal, but at least options are available. Do you know of any other ways to play Fortnite on a Chromebook? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Also, May Interest You
- How To Unmerge Layers In Photoshop?
- How To Mark Yourself Safe On Facebook 2022
- How To See Deleted Messages On Discord 2022
- How To Block Someone On Spotify 2022