There has probably been a time when you bought into the hype around an upcoming game only to become disappointed quickly afterward. No matter what the reason is for your dissatisfaction, you should consider getting a Steam refund.
If you’ve bought a game through Steam and aren’t happy with it, you can request a refund. In order to get a Steam refund, you need to understand some things.
Here’s everything you need to know about getting a Steam refund.
Steam Refund Policy – What You Need To Know!
- The game must not have been played for more than 2 hours for you to request a refund within 14 days without having to explain why you’re unhappy.
- If either of these conditions isn’t met, a refund can still be requested.
- Your request may be accepted by Steam if it is well-founded.
- A refund is available within 48 hours of making an in-game purchase.
- The Steam hardware you want to be refunded must be returned within 14 days of notification and you must notify Steam of your decision within 14 days of the notification.
Have you purchased a Steam game and aren’t completely happy with it? You can’t play it because your computer isn’t powerful enough?
Can Steam games be refunded? Is it possible to get a refund for a game that was given to a friend?
Your questions will be answered, don’t worry!
In accordance with the company’s refund policy, your request for a refund will be accepted if it meets these two conditions:
You can ask for a refund within a maximum period of 14 days after you purchase the game
Refund requests for games with less than 2 hours of play are not accepted.
The item in question must not have been modified, transferred, or consumed before it can be refunded within 48 hours of purchase. Third-party games may be subject to special terms.
Your reimbursement request can be accepted once the following options have been selected:
- You can find it in the Steam wallet
- You may also pay with a credit card (Skrill payments are not eligible for this option).
What is the refund policy for Steam Games?
In the same way, Steam games can be refunded. Within 14 days of purchasing Steam, you must explicitly notify them of your decision. Your testing of the equipment, however, must not result in physical damage, modification, or deterioration of the equipment.
If you would like a refund, inform Steam immediately and return the affected item within 14 days to the address provided to you.
When I pre-order a Steam game, how can I get a refund?
If you pre-order a game that has not yet been released, you are entitled to a refund at any time. As soon as you exit the game, you must follow the above rules. The refund period is 14 days from its release date (2h maximum usage requirement applies).
What should I do if I have played a Steam game for more than two hours?
There are two conditions for getting a refund for a Steam game.
How long after the withdrawal period has expired do you apply for reimbursement? More than 2 hours have you played this game?
Trying to register your Steam account ( “help” -> ” support” -> ” recent products“) is not a hopeless endeavor.
It is essential that you support your complaint with solid arguments in order for it to be accepted. For instance, bugs or technical issues might cause the gameplay to degrade.
Steam refund for a free game
- It is also possible to reimburse gifts given. This 14 days / 2-hour requirement still applies.
- A refund request must lastly be initiated from Steam by the gift recipient.
- You will receive the refund amount from the person who purchased the game.