What is mouse acceleration and how do I turn it off?
What is Mouse Acceleration?
The mouse acceleration is the speed at which the cursor moves on the screen depending on how fast you move the mouse on the screen.
How To Turn Off Mouse Acceleration In Windows 10?
- Click the “Start” button, then click the “Settings” icon, which is shaped like a gear.
- Click “Devices” and then, in the left pane, click “Mouse”.
- Click on “Additional Mouse Options”.
- In the mouse properties dialog box, click “Pointer Options” to switch to the “Pointer Options” tab.
- Clear the “Enhance pointer precision” check box.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
Why Is Mouse Acceleration A Disadvantage For Gaming?
While some people may like mouse acceleration and turn it on in their (in-game) settings, a good gaming mouse should never have acceleration built in that can’t be turned off.
To achieve a specific goal in any game, you need good muscle memory.
This is generally used against mice because after hundreds of hours of training it is apparent how far to drag the mouse to reach a given point on the screen. You have done it so much that it has become a habit in your system. This is why it is recommended that you do not change your sensitivity (DPI) all the time, and this is why it may take a while for you to return to your usual skills if you get a new mouse (which may be heavier or longer. slight, which disrupts your muscle memory).
If you are playing with mouse acceleration turned on, you no longer just have to consider how far you move your mouse, you also need to think about how fast you move said the mouse.
This only adds additional difficulty, and it is very difficult to tune your brain and hands correctly when using mouse acceleration. As we mentioned before, some people (even professional gamers) like to have mouse acceleration turned on, but in general, this is one of the first things you check to get your gaming mouse properly tuned.
- How To Remove “CPU Fan Error” Message
- How To Disable Windows Defender In Windows 10/8.1/8/8/7
- How To Enter BIOS (UEFI) Settings In Microsoft Windows 10