Are you a beginner looking to learn how to undo on a Mac?
We guessed you are a beginner since almost everybody moderately acquainted with their device knows how to undo and redo.
In fact, these are one of those first things we learn while using a new gadget. And these are very easy! So, if you are looking for a solution on this topic, read on.
Sometimes, we accidentally delete a line from a document or place a file in the wrong folder. In these cases, it is the undo command that saves us from additional hard work. Undo saves you from manually rectifying the mistake and instead, the computer helps you to simply undo the task. Redo is another option, which helps you to reverse your last undo.
In other words, undo is an action to return to the previous state by canceling the effect of the last performed task. On the contrary, redo is an action to cancel an undo. Mac commands are universal and there are two easy ways you can undo or redo from all Mac devices.
Also, in most apps, you can find a GUI ‘Undo’ button.
Now, let’s proceed to the steps you should follow.
How To Undo Text On Mac 2022
Step 1: ‘Undo’ from Keyboard on Mac
Many users ask how to undo ‘Command Z’ and here is the answer. You can undo the last performed task from Mac devices by pressing ‘Command’ and ‘Z’ keys together on your keyboard.
- Press the ‘Command’ key.
- Do not release the ‘Command’ key and press the ‘Z’ key once.
- Release the ‘Command’ key.
- If you want to undo multiple tasks, press the ‘Z’ key multiple times by holding the ‘Command’ key. Each time, a single task will be undone.
- To redo, you need to use the opposite of ctrl Z. Press ‘Shift-Command-Z’ keys together single or multiple times based on your requirement. ‘Shift-Command-Z’ is known as the redo shortcut mac.
Step 2: ‘Undo’ from the Menu bar on Mac
You can always use the mouse cursor and ‘Undo’ the last action from the ‘Edit’ tab in the menu bar. The availability of GUI ‘Undo’ GUI button in all Mac apps are not guaranteed but if you get it, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Menu bar.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ button.
- A dropdown menu will open. Select ‘Undo’.
- You can undo multiple tasks by repeating the steps multiple times.
- If you want to redo a task, simply click on the ‘Redo’ option from the Menu bar.
Also, May Interest You
- How To Find Your IMEI Number Without Phone
- How To Get Rid Of Bytefence Windows 10
- How To Zoom In On Minecraft Windows 10
- How to Unfollow Someone Profile on Twitch
- How to Add Ringtones to iPhone from Computer
Now that you know the simple steps of how you can undo and redo your tasks, go ahead and have a stress-free Mac experience.
However, it is also important to use undo and redo commands wisely. When you want to undo a five-time before action, the last four actions will also be deleted.
Also, you can’t undo certain actions like saving a file.
If you can’t undo any task, the Undo command changes to Can’t Undo. When you close a saved file, you can’t undo or redo the previous actions.
Keeping these things in mind will help you to understand the value of undo and redo.