How To Block Someone On Spotify – Spotify is a music streaming and service provider. People can listen to unlimited songs for free on Spotify. Today, many people don’t create their Spotify accounts because they believe that they can watch their listening habits and can use the same to harass them.
According to a report, not all people think the same way, revealing that people use others’ listening habits to stalk and intimidate.
Spotify does not allow users to block someone from checking their activities, unlike social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
Its inbuilt settings prioritize spreading this information with the world, the better it is to serve its users’ network more quickly, find new music. If you are also using Spotify, you give others a chance to check your listening habits more than you realize.
In this blog, we will discover the alternatives that you can use to save yourself from irritation and annoyance.
Spotify allows sharing all its users’ activity with the public and followers. It has an inbuilt feature, then anyone who has an account on Spotify can check your playlists and even those who have recently played by you. If you have a Spotify account and are aware of the person’s username, you can search and follow any user.
As we have said, you can not block someone on Spotify, but there are a few steps that can help users protect their playlist and listening habits from everyone.
How To Block Someone On Spotify 2021
The most appropriate option that Spotify allows is to its users is the private session option. You can get this option by going into the mobile app’s settings and then search social tab, and if you have a PC, then to your drop-down bar that is located next to your profile.
- This private session mode allows you to hide your music activities from everyone, even from friends.
- But unfortunately, this is not an optimum solution as private sessions automatically end once the user remains offline for approximately 6 hours.
- When it opens it again, it will go to its default settings, which means again allowing others to get access to your playlists.
And in case if you have playlists that are public even if you are in private mode can be seen by your friends and the artists.
Spotify also has another feature; this is Secret playlists, which means the only user can see the playlist.
- But you only take its benefit when you make changes through the desktop app after you have created the playlist; otherwise, it will be visible to the public.
- To keep it secret, you need to open the existing playlist and go to the drop-down bar placed next to the play option and allow you to create the secret playlist.
Once you have put your secret playlist, and after that, if you want to share the same with your friends, they wouldn’t see it.
If you want freedom while listening to any song without fear, this option is suitable for you. If you do this by creating an anonymous account on Spotify, no one will know who you are and enjoy listening to your favorite music.
- For creating an anonymous account, you have to fill false information and not link it with your Facebook account.
- Next, each playlist you create would need to be kept secret. As you do not want to follow anyone, there are still people who can get your profile and see all the friends and the artists you are following.
- And finally, whenever you use Spotify, make sure that the private session feature is on.
- But there are still issues that need to be addressed for privacy while using Spotify as after using all these steps; anyone can get your anonymous profile and know a lot about you.
- Since many people have used Spotify, Spotify should take some necessary steps to save its users from harassment. There are several cases where girls reported that their ex-boyfriend had used the playlists to harass them.
- As Spotify lacks the block feature, it allows others to check their activities and use them to intimidate others.
In 2015 a petition was signed that demanded a policy change was also raised though people have filled Spotify forums with many complaints.
Currently, Spotify did not offer any such steps to block someone from checking or stalking their profile. As regular users of Spotify, we need to take appropriate measures and send our feedback to Spotify to take essential steps as privacy is one of the fundamental rights every user expects.
I hope you find this article useful.
In case if you have any doubt do let us know in the comments.
Also, it May Interest You:
- How To Get Unbanned From Tinder 2021
- How to Find Deleted Tweets 2021
- How To Recover Deleted Emails Gmail 2021
- How to Wave On Facebook Messenger App 2021