How To Upgrade Windows Vista To Windows 10 For Free Without CD 2023 – Windows Vista was an operating system that emerged between Windows XP and Windows 7, is considered one of the worst versions of Windows because Microsoft was seen to focus a lot on aesthetics and not on improving USER performance.
Not all is bad in Windows Vista, however, since it was Microsoft’s first operating system to support 64-bit architecture, and some of the design changes made it possible to make the first not towards the polished and attractive appearance of modern operating systems.
We can also point out that Windows Vista had great compatibility, although Microsoft rushed to release Windows 7 to provide a better experience, leaving behind Windows Vista and its support.
Either way, if you are still using the Windows Vista system, the best thing to do is to have it in its latest version to make sure you have the best version possible. That is why in this article we want to show you how to upgrade Windows Vista to its latest available version.
Table of Contents
How To Upgrade Windows Vista To Other Operating Systems For Free
The truth is that Windows Vista is already quite an old system, so it is recommended to have at least Windows 7 in order to continue to have compatibility with most programs, although it is clear that the best would be to install Windows 10.
This is why an operating system upgrade should be an important consideration when it comes to maintaining your computer. In this article, we will walk you through all the steps to update your operating system.
How To Switch From Windows Vista To Windows 7
You can upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7 without losing your data. To make this change, simply follow the steps we show you below:
- First, download the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. You can easily do so by opening this link.
- You will then have to select the “Download” option.
- You should ignore any additional downloads offered on the site by selecting the “No, thank you, and continue” option.
- When the download is complete on your computer, you should have a file called “Windows 7 Upgrade Setup“.
- Once you find the file in your default downloads folder, all you need to do is open it.
- The process is really simple and you just need to follow the onscreen instructions. Before starting the process, you should have connected all the peripherals that you need to use.
- If you have the original Windows 7 CD, just skip stepping 10 of these instructions. If you don’t have the disk, you will need to open this link.
- Again, you will need to follow the onscreen instructions to download the Windows 7 installer, either the 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on your needs. You will then need to add the OS license code. If you don’t have it online, you can search for free versions.
- After doing this, you will have downloaded the system image, which must be pasted to a disk or USB stick in order for it to be used. You can also use tools like Daemon Tools so that you can run ISO images on your computer without any further complications, just as if you had inserted the disc into the computer.
- Once it is inside the disk or USB stick, you need to insert it into the computer and then double click on the file called “Setup.exe” which is on the computer.
- In the next window, you will find the option “Install now”, which you need to select.
- Then the process will ask you if you want to install the updates for the operating system you are about to install. It is recommended that you select the “Get important updates for installation” option.
- After selecting the options mentioned above, you will be asked to agree to the license and market conditions. All you have to do is select the “Next” option, then choose the “Update” option.
- All you have to do now is wait for the installation and update process to begin. Wait for the documents to be completed and then follow the on-screen instructions. Your computer will probably restart every now and then, so if you see it restarting without being prompted, you don’t have to worry.
That’s all, once this process is complete, you should have installed the latest version of Windows 7 so that you can use this new operating system without ever having to worry.
How To Switch From Windows Vista To Windows 10 Without Formatting
As mentioned above, it is best to upgrade your computer to the latest operating system from Microsoft (Windows 10) in order to ensure better compatibility with all programs, although for hardware reasons Windows 7 may be a better choice. In fact, it depends on what you need.
However, if you want to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows Vista, you should know that this will be required for Windows 7. You just need to follow the steps that we present to you below:
- Start by following the steps we have explained to you to switch from Windows Vista to Windows 7.
- Once it’s done, just select this link to start the process of upgrading to Windows 10.
- In the previous link, you will find information about the upgrade and an option that says “Download the tool now”, which you will need to select. This is a creator required for installing Windows 10.
- Once the download is complete, you should have the “MediaCreationTool.exe ” file on your computer. You need to open this folder.
- When you select the file, a new window appears. Follow the on-screen instructions and select the “Next” option. You will need to enter your Windows license or skip this point to enter the license later.
- When the program asks you what you want to do, you will need to select the “Update this computer now” option and then select the “Next” option.
- At this point, you will need to wait a few minutes for all Windows 10 files to download before you can start installing the computer.
- As you move through the different screens of the upgrade process, you will be prompted to select the version of Windows 10 you want to use, as well as the account you are going to create, etc.
- Finally, you will be asked if you want to start installing the system. In this case, the only thing you will have to do is select the “Install” option to start the installation process.
- You will only have to wait for the whole process to be completed and restarted. Before you can use the computer, you will need to choose some options in Windows 10 settings, set your password, etc.
Is it possible to upgrade Windows Vista until 2020 even if Microsoft no longer supports it?
Official support for Windows Vista ended in April 2017, so it has not been supported for a few years. Since then, Microsoft has significantly reduced its support to focus on new versions of its operating systems.
However, a support thread has been maintained for all users who continue to use this operating system. This means that it’s also not as if they’ve been completely forgotten.
Although support has officially ended, you can still upgrade Windows Vista until 2022. This method allows you to take advantage of updates from Microsoft Server 2008, which have an architecture quite similar to that of the newer system.
To use this update method, here are the steps you need to follow:
- To start the process, you must enter this URL in your preferred browser:
- Among the different results that appear on the screen, you will have to choose the option that says “last update” then the option “Download“.
- Wait until the file download is complete.
- When you have the file on your computer, launch it and wait for the installation to take place.
That’s all you need to know to be able to update Windows Vista even in 2022 and after several years of interruption of support for this system.
Also, may interest you: