WhatsApp users’ profile pictures are usually their faces by default. But what if you want to change them?
What is WhatsApp’s Default Profile Picture?
In addition to its huge number of users, WhatsApp is also free for all. The app lets its users send text messages, videos, pictures, files, etc. from a smartphone to another device.
You can add as many contacts to your WhatsApp contact list as you want, and you can chat with up to 200 people at once.
A wide range of smartphones are compatible with WhatsApp including Android phones, iPhones, Windows Phones, Blackberries, Symbian, Nokia S40, Samsung Galaxy, HTC, LG, Sony Ericsson, Palm, BlackBerry OS 10, and others.
How do I set a default profile picture?
If you are using an iPhone device, then you will need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Tap Add Photo.
- Step 2: Choose a photo from your library or take a new photo with your camera.
- Step 3: Save the image by tapping Done.
- Step 4: Select the image that you just added.
- Step 5: Tap Use this photo as my WhatsApp profile picture.
- Step 6: Make sure that the option Show my name and avatar is turned off.
- Step 7: Tap OK.
Now, go back to the main screen and select another profile picture.
How do I change my WhatsApp profile picture?
There are two ways to change your WhatsApp profile photo:
- Change your WhatsApp profile picture using the built-in camera app.
- Use third party apps to change your WhatsApp profile pic.
In this article we will discuss how to change your WhatsApp profile image using the built-in Camera app.
How to change your WhatsApp profile pictures using the built-in app
- Open the WhatsApp application.
- Tap on the three dots icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Account.
- Click on Profile Picture.
- Choose between “Use Photo” or “Choose Photo”.
- If you select “Use Photo“, then you have to choose an existing photo from your gallery.
- If you select ‘Choose Photo’, then you have to take a new photo with your device’s camera.
- Once you click on Save, your new profile picture will be saved.
- That’s it! Your new profile picture has been changed successfully
Note: Mobile phones with front-facing cameras are required to use this method. Changing your WhatsApp version may help if you are unable to change your WhatsApp profile.
Change your WhatsApp profile picture using third party apps
There are several third party apps available on Google Play Store which allow you to change your WhatsApp profile pics. Some of them even support multiple accounts.
Here are some of the best third party apps that allow you to change your WhatsApp profile picture:
WhatsApp Plus (Free):
This is one of the best third party apps for changing your WhatsApp profile picture. With this app, you can easily change your WhatsApp profile picture without having to go through the above steps.
- You can install WhatsApp Plus by searching for it in the Google Play store.
- Follow the instructions given in the app once you have installed the app and logged into your WhatsApp account. You will then be able to change your WhatsApp profile.
WhatsApp Profile Pic Editor (Free):
Another good third party app to edit WhatsApp profile pictures is WhatsApp Profile Pic Editor. To install it, simply search for it in the Google Play Store.
- Click on the gear icon at the bottom left of your screen once the app has been installed and signed into WhatsApp.
- Now, select Edit Profile Picture.
- Select the desired profile picture and click on Set As New Profile Picture.
- That’s all! You have now changed your WhatsApp profile picture.
WhatsApp Profile Pics (Free):
This app allows you to change your WhatsApp account photos without going through the above steps. It also supports multiple accounts.
WhatsApp Profile Picture Maker (Free):
Easily customize your WhatsApp profile picture using this free app by uploading your own image or selecting from predefined images.
- You can install the app by searching for ‘WhatsApp Profile Picture Maker’ on the Google Play store.
- Once downloaded, open the app and log in to your WhatsApp account.
- Then, click on the plus symbol present at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click on Create Custom Profile Picture.
- Then, select the desired profile picture and save it.
How to change your WhatsApp profile background color?
If you want to change your WhatsApp profile background color, then you need to do the following steps:
- Open the WhatsApp settings page.
- Click on Account Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Background Color.
- Select a new color from the list.
- Tap on Save Changes.
- That’s it! Your WhatsApp profile has been updated with a new background color.
How to add more than one contact photo to your WhatsApp account?
If you want your WhatsApp contacts to be able to view your profile pictures along with their names, then you need to add more than one profile pic to your account.
- To add more than one profile picture to your WhatsApp account, follow these simple steps:1. Go to the WhatsApp settings page.
- Click on Account Settings
- Scroll down and tap Add More Photos
- Choose the number of profile pictures you wish to add
- Tap on Save Changes
- That’s all!
How to remove an existing WhatsApp profile picture?
Following are the steps you can take to delete a profile picture that is displayed on your WhatsApp account if you don’t like it:
- Go to the WhatsApp settings page.
- Click on Account Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Remove Photo.
- A pop up will appear asking you if you really want to delete the selected profile picture. Tap Yes.
Our guide on updating your WhatsApp profile picture covered some good ways to do that. If you have any questions or need any assistance, feel free to leave a comment below.